Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Personal Training - Day 1

OK so i joined a gym on Friday and today was my first personal training session. It was cool - just an assessment - but I scheduled it at 6am.. Man I was tired, I came home and went to sleep. My immediate goal is to lose 36 pounds in the next 4 months. So I am not going to put my actual weight here - heaven forbid, but I will indicate my goal and my progress. So i have this tracker that I am going to attach to my posts. I also want to add another mission that relates to sleep. Speaking of my missions... I am listing them below with a little note as to how they are going.

personal mission statement
  • live each day in a way pleasing to God - working on not giving into the flesh/better attitude
  • arrive 15 minutes early to all appointments - have been arriving 15 minutes to on time.
  • workout 2-3x a week - the week is young (l0l)
  • stay on track with Weight Watchers - ugh...will count points today
  • sleep 6 hours a night - tonights the night 2 hours until bedtime

financial mission statement
  • tithe consistently - God's got my 10%
  • identify a Tweedy, Browne Co. LLC value fund to invest in and make consistent contribution - (min 1 share every other month) - plan to mail 2006 - don't ask - tax return - will use refund to make initial investment
  • rebuild nest egg of 2 month expenses by the end of the year - nothing yet here
  • keep existing car maintained and running - God help me I have been lusting after a few new cars - I HAVE to stop!

relationship mission statement
  • choose and maintain healthy relationships - keeping in contact with friends - old and new
  • give more than I receive - this has been going good
  • listen more than I talk - need to pay more attention to this, probably doing more talking-complaining- at this point

Overall - things are going well. I feel good.. I am determined not do have negative self talk - so I will be honest but not beat myself up. Tracker below :D...


1 comment:

The Land of Rozz said...

You are off to a good start! The workout 2 - 3x goal will hopefully help with your sleep 6 hous a night goal.