Monday, January 14, 2008

One..Communion..Ready-Aim-Fire

So This weekend my pastors started a new Message called One where they discussing the vision of the church and unity in the Body of Christ.

ONE

On a side note, I did taught JKC at our Saturday night and I got a CD of the message. I listed to the message Sat night while i was driving to and from a friends house. But I still felt funny on Sunday morning not going to church. I felt almost like I was doing something wrong. I am over that now.. I did go to the 6pm Prayer and Praise service on Sunday night, so I felt better. But I am sure I will get over it. Because from now on Saturday night is my preferable service.

OK back on topic...Sat. night Pastor Steve used the analogy of "Ready... Aim... Fire" of a gun to how we do things in life. "Ready" we gather our resources/ideas , "Aim" determine our vision/mission and "Fire" execute or deliver on what you set out to do.
He talked about how people often don't go through all 3 steps, the will get stuck in one or two steps. I thought about this as I was driving along and I have say in the past, I was more of a Ready-Aim-Fire, but I will usually only do that once and then quit. i won't continue to look at my goals and execute on them, nope I have moved onto the next thing.

So I think about my goals, I sat and I thought about 2007 and how I wanted 2008 to be different and that I was going to do something about it. ("ready"), then I wrote down what I was looking to accomplish - my missions , located in earlier entry, see "goals..goals..goals" ("aim"), and now I am doing the work of executing on them ("fire"). But one of my goals is live a life that is pleasing to God. That in of it self says that there will be more things that I will need to focus on as time goes on... A consistent "Ready... Aim... Fire" for the year. He mentioned other thigns, but it was a good Word.

Pastor Connie taught last night @ 6pm on Communion. She talked about some really powerful things. For me what I found that was really interesting is when she talked about how Christ's blood washes away all of our sins. The sins we have committed against others as well as those that have been committed against us. That in that we are made new and those sins are forgiven and forgotten. She likened them to dreams they are in our head - no need to act on them. I am learning to let go. Of the things I have done to others and to the things that have been done to me. It is very freeing..

1 comment:

The Land of Rozz said...

The Ready, Aim, Fire message your pastor shared really spoke to me.