Sunday, January 13, 2008

i love kidz!

last month I attended a brunch @ my church .. (Living Word Family Church) and I sat a table with a great bunch of ladies. One asked me if I was involved in any ministries. At the time I didn't know anyone and I was thinking about joining Special Projects Ministry. Anyway I was asked if I wanted to help out with Jr. KidzChurch, because a volunteer was stepping down. So somehow "sure!" came tumbling out of my mouth... But then I was thinking, Lord, i don't even really like kids like that. But I heard Him telling me to try it, so that's what I decided to do. Oh as an fyi.. Jr. Kidz consists of 4 and 5 year olds.

Well who would have ever known (but God I suppose) how much I would enjoy being a Jr. Kidz Church teacher. I have been so blessed by the children as well as the volunteers in the ministry and parents. The kids, while a handful are delightful and refreshing. The ministry members have been unbelievably kind to me. This week I went to a core group (bible study) which was really awesome I was so blessed and I felt like a part of a big family. Today I found out that my core group members are the parents of some of the kids. Oh and I joined Special projects - they are fantastic and some members of that ministry are parents of the kids as well.

I just have to say.. you never know how your kindness will affect someone. Just a smile or a hug or handshake, or an invitation can be just what someone needs. So many people have done that for me..they have been extensions of God's love for me and i am overjoyed to be on the receiving end of that and I am excited and looking forward to being that extension for someone else. I really love my church..I am blessed to be a part of such a powerful and loving ministry.

3 comments:

Mrs Debs said...

Well Sharon I do beleive you have just witnessed girl..... THAT IS RESPONDING TO GOD'S CALL !!!!!! we are studying discipleship at the moment and those words that came out of your mouth is a response to God's call..... Praise God. The words YES came out of my mouth when I was asked to be Sabbath School Secretary and I didn't even know if I would get on with the leader but I am enjoying myself sooo much at the moment and then when I said YES to being volunteer for the kids playscheme boy that was hard work but it felt sooooo good. Enjoy all the Lords work !!!

Luv Debs

The Land of Rozz said...

That's great Sharon!

M said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying Living Word Family Church. It's great to hear we are helping people fulfill their ministry desires and callings.

Micah Caronna
Creative Arts Pastor