Friday, February 29, 2008

Last Day

So tomorrow is my last day at the company I have worked for for the past 9 years.. Oh my.. it is bittersweet really. I am happy about where I am going, but blue has been good to me and it has been a huge part of my life. But onward we go.. Today I am really excited about the new job, it seems like it will be really great.



I learned some lessons from my time at blue. I think the big one is about leadership. As I sit and rethink about these past 6 months on the that last position I had at the company, I realized that there are something i would like to change about how I operate. Being more positive for one. I was in a negative situation and I really let it effect me. I became negative at work, I would even say bitter. That is now what I want to take to my next job. But I guess I am not doing as well as I like, now that I look at the graffic i chose for this post..


I have been listening to this series of messages that my pastor taught last year and he asked all of the folks at the church in leadership to buy it if they didn't have it and listen to it. I finished all 8 CD's today. I am going to digress for a moment..no I am going to put this in another post (see "The Church We See" blog entry for that...

So back to this one ...

During one of the messages, CD 6 or 7, Pastor Steve talked about leadership and he mentioned a book. The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader by John C. Maxwell, it sounded so familiar and eventually i realized I had it and I never finished it. So i went hunting around for it when i got home and i found it.



The first characteristic it mentioned was "Character". So as per the instructions in the book, i am currently looking at different aspects of my character and asking the tough questions, where am i comprimising, what am I not doing, and where have i fallen short. i decided not to hash all that out on my blog so i can be totally honest with myself. But I will try to highlight those things that need to be highlighted and let you know how my leadership journey is going in life in general and my new job

I just really want to make sure that as I move forward that i am being effective and making a positive impact no matter where i go, or who I come into contact with.

Oh boy personal training in the morning - 6:30am - gotta go..oh workouts = good.. eating = not so good..weigh loss = little to none... going to take the Eat To Live connect group on Fridays @ lwfc. will keep you posted on that.

1 comment:

The Land of Rozz said...

I took a leadership class at work last year where we watched John Maxwell's CDs that go with his book. I would definitely recommend this!