Saturday, February 9, 2008

Content whatever my circumstances?


My last blog entry has been bothering since I hit the "Publish Post" button. I was tempted several times to delete it because I am not happy with that I said. Now it was all how I was feeling at the time, but that doesn't make it right.

I am not sure if it was last night or if it was only today that this scripture words by my boy Paul that kept repeating itself over in my head, not necessarily in the version below (The Message), but after looking up a couple, this was the one I liked the best.

11 Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. 12 I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. 13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (Philippians 4:11-13)

I am trying to answer this question, if I am extremely unhappy with one part of my life but in spite of that I feel great overall..does that mean I am content?

I have been having some issues with the job..more on that this week, I have been pretty miserable for long periods of time during the workday, but after work and on the weekends I feel great. I don't really spend as much time dwelling on the state of my love life in a negative way. But I can be negative about it.. I know that my life is blessed, I am blessed to have my family (biological and church), my friends, my home, and my job.

So back to the job..I also don't have a good attitude about it. I think that is what is I am convicted of. I complain and moan and I am down right ungrateful. Then the workday is over and I feel great. What does this mean? I know I need an attitude adjustment and so i am going look again to Paul for some guidance..

No comments: