Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am a walking fool


Well there is so much to discuss, updates on my job situation, some great teachings at my church, my house renovations, my exercise regimine, my lack of a diet plan. But today I am excited about this 5k I am doing on Saturday.

I have been doing a lot of walking these last couple of weeks. A few Saturdays ago, Ros, Buddy & I walked around Johnson Lake - I think it was 2 or so miles. Last week my mom, Buddy and i walked almost 5 miles. This Saturday I am walking with Julie & Ros in a 5k to raise money for the NC children heart foundation and the NC children's cancer hospital.

I am really trying to lead a more active lifestyle. I also have a list of things that I want to do in 2008.

1). Go on a cruise (already scheduled)
2) Take horseback riding lessions (no timeframe around this)
3) Go to a gun range and learn to shoot a gun (don't ask - and no there are no plans to get one)
4) See my brother & sister in law who live in England -( I am hoping they come to the US. :D )
5) Spend more time reading the Word (in progress)
6) Carve out some significant alone time to be in God's presence (#5&#6 are my first priorities.)
7) Rent a beach house for a weekend to hang with my friends.
8) Enter 1 race for a cause a month.

Wait.. didn't I have a list of things I was supposed to be working on this year? I think I blogged about this in January. I will combine these lists in an upcoming post.

OK back to work..

No comments: