Monday, July 7, 2008

What a weekend!!



My 4th of July weekend was absolutely fantastic!



Friday: Had my 1st Annual July 4th Cookout. (mind you I don't own a grill), IT was BYOG (Bring Your Own Grill). It worked out very well. I had about 24 people over my house - church family and friends. We had such a great time. Then after most people left and it was just about 6 of us we saw the fireworks that they had in Rolesville about a mile away from my house. HOW convenient and our timing was perfect.


I just felt so blessed to be surrounded by so many loving caring people who I have really come to cherish since I moved here. I am hoping to make my cookout a regular thing every year :). I am sure I will have something again later on this summer.

My next event is game night for some folks in the area maybe in august?

Saturday..sleep sleep and more sleep. Then I got up moved some furniture around and went to Saturday night service - it was AMAZING - the 5 things that help you fulfill your purpose. Afterward I went out with two of my church sisters to eat and chat - which is appearing to be our Sat night ritual after service. It is nice we talk about all sorts of things, dating and relationships, the word, life. We are going to be reading a book together and discussing it. We decided on "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" now I was a little skeptical at first, it seemed like it might be "new ag-ey". But I am going to give it a try. We all went to walmart to pick up a copy after our dinner. Then I went home and continued reading "the five people you meet in heaven" I will do a separate blog post about that book. Anyway I finished the 2nd person Eddie met in heaven.


Sunday..sleep sleep.. i was supposed to be up continuing my front yard mulching project..no haps, slept until 11 am. My gardening cutoff is around 11am. I try to start between 6-7am. But i was still beat from entertaining on Friday. Went to a meeting at church for our support circle. Then it was "Operation Lawn Mower" My two girlfriends and I were up and down capital blvd trying to get me an electric lawn mower. I am determined to maintain my own yard. Anyway, thank God we finally got one. You can't imagine how hard it is to get an electric lawn mower. But favor was all around so.. I got it!

Then I came home, ate some junk food and watched some TV. Read more of "the five people you meet in heaven" I am on person #4. I got on my computer a couple of hours ago to listen to this Joel Osteen, who was talking about speaking positivity into your life. My girls suggested I listen, since they listened this morning and found it to be really good. I did, it was fantastic.


Anyway - great weekend - and I am looking forward to a great week at work!

No comments: