Monday, July 21, 2008

I love my church family!

Ok this is the last post for the day:

On another note, can I just tell you how much I love my church family, I know I keep saying that, but I am just overflowing with this feeling, so I have to say. . They are amazing. I had the opportunity to spend quality time with several people this weekend, to both be blessed and to be a blessing to someone else. It was awesome. That is not to say that everything is always perfect just like with any family there are ups and downs, but what I love about the people I have encountered so far is that the focus is "righting" whatever wrong there is. So someone gets angry or offended, but we come together and show each other the love and forgiveness that Christ showed us..its marvelous..

A couple of the girls and I are reading this intresting book by eckart Tolle - called a New Earth: Awaking to your life's purpose. Now I am by no means promoting the book but it has some good and some not so good points. Oprah has really skyrocketted this guys success by endorsing his book, 150%. She even has space on her site for him and some study group information. Anyway, I used to be a person who wouldn't read this book because it seemed too "New Age-ey" But I am so much more open and I have tons less righteous indignation. Anyway, my boy Eckart is not goign to win the "Christian of the Month" award - I am not sure he even is, but his book does cause me pause to look at "the flesh" - he calls it the ego and to really understand my motivations for doing things. Also how much of life we build on thoughts, how much power we give the wrong ones. Now Eckart would say don't give power to any thought, but don't agree with that. If my thought lines up with God's Word, then it already has power, I just need to release my faith and line myself up with that and pay no heed to the negative ones.. oh it sounds so easy...lol..

Back on topic..we get together weekly to discuss this and I am really enjoying that - looking at it from a Christian perspective and collectively discussing then dismissing the stuff we don't agree with. Anyway, we are on Chapter 5 now.

God is so faithful, this year on Easter I was pretty sad and lonely..feeling sorry for myself, because i felt I had no family here. Sat night I was at the house of a member of my church family and I talked about this desire I had to have somewhere to go after church and a sense of family - not just to go home and stare at buddy and the tv. I made my request known to God and He as always really came through.I realize that I pretty much always have some type of fellowship when I leave church and its wonderful.

Anyway, I am going to walk buddy, handle some laundry and try to go to bed early to beat this little summer cold I have.

-S

2 comments:

Lady Lee said...

Hi Sharon, For starters, I love your blog. You are so awesome. So together sister girl. Anyway, you know that I am with you the issue of "Loving my Church Family". I am so pleased that you have found a place to feel a part of. Also, I wanted to extend my home to you, if I have not already done so, as your home away from home, anytime you need. You are always welcome. And as you know it is close to church as well. My mom adores you. But, like I told you, I knew she would. You are a wonderful new addition to our family.
I love how we talk about all types of issues, and like you said, try and correct things, and basically walk in love with one another. Even though it is not always easy, we know that we have the victory.
Ok, well I just wanted to give you a shout out. God is so good. Your sister in Christ, Lisa

Makeupslovely said...

Awwwwwww shucks..your so sweet!! Thanks for your generosity and for your friendship!