Friday, July 25, 2008

Confession Time...

I drove to Charlotte today to look into something for my mom about a house there. Anyway I keep telling myself that I am going to "Go HARD" on this diet healthy eating plan and exercise thing. I went to the doctor the other day and I have lost 28 pounds since August - significant, but I really want it to be more. I have actually decided that I on average have been gaining about 20 pounds a year - so I really lost almost 48 or so pounds...OK that feels better ;)
Anyway today was not my best day, I am fessing up about what I ate, because logging it on weightwatchers.com doesn't seem to be doing it.

Breakfast:
1 slice Pound Cake - with frosting I bought separately and smothered the cake in.
(yeah that was it..oh wait nm...)
1 Everything Bagel with lots of cream cheese
Lunch:
1 Starbucks Croissant
1 Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte (with whip!)

Dinner
1 fried chicken thigh
1 serving of homemade mac and cheese
1 serving of green beans.
(if only I could have left it at this)

Evening snack
(sigh - back to Starbucks..it was over 6 hours round trip in the car today)
1/2 tall Cinnamon Dolce Latte (with whip again!)
1 slice of starbucks iced lemon pound cake...

and another slice of cake with the dreaded chocolate frosting (once I got home)

(and now... a sigh of relief)
That was freeing...tomorrow is a better day, no question.

"God is in front of me making crooked paths straight, goodness and mercy are following me, and God's favor is all around me"

I got that from Joel Osteen a couple of weeks ago and it has become my personal mantra...Joel even said every now and again, look behind and wave and say,, "HEY Goodness.. HEY Mercy"



For whatever reason, i always feel compelled to do this in my car.. I know I look CRAZY waving to goodness and mercy in my back seat...oh well...


Hopefully I will fall asleep at a reasonable hour with all this coffee so freshly in my system..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon

I always say 'give thanks for our troubles, they maybe our blessing'

I thank God for all my troubles and learn to recognise some of them as blessings !! LOL

Take care
Debbie