Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Prayer..

So this is officially a new day, so I don't have 2 posts in 1 day. Last night was the leadership update. I was tempted not to go and just go home and sleep because I was emotionally exhausted, but I knew that it was going to bless me, so I went.

And it did. I was able to put my "stuff" to the side and think about my team. I kept saying to God, its so small, there are only 3 of us. Then I thought of my team at work (because every leadership update I have gone to has helped me in both areas). I am working with a college co-op, and we are a team of 2. But God showed me that it doesn't matter.

I learned to how important it is to build a relationship with your team. It is important to minister with your team to the people (kids), but also to minister to my team. So both of my team members are going through something. I don't know the details, and frankly I don't need to know, but God is showing me that he can show his love for them through me.

That reminds me how important I am to God. The creator of the universe thinks I am important..that is powerful..for me anyway.

So it totally took me out of myself and made me able to look beyond whats going on with me. I was too busy praying for others on my way home from the meeting... I got home checked email.. found out one of my closest friends mom has breast cancer..more prayer... checked some blogs, one of my leaders wife is having a baby tonight..more prayer...I look out my window there are ambulances for a neighbor...more prayer.

Pastor Steve talked about zeal this weekend (I listened to that podcast today) and I think it is important to have that for hurting people..actually all people.

So on a side note.. I debated going outside to saying something to my neighbor, i was peeking..well probably not effectively out of my curtain in my office. I saw my neighbor and his 8 or so year old daughter sitting outside on the steps. There was an ambulance and a small looking fire truck thing, a cop. So after a brief conversation with my mother about being neighborly, I decided to go outside. Mind you I made a promise that I wouldn't go outside looking crazy anymore (you never know who you will meet). My head was full of rollers wrapped in a fishnet thingy. But I still had on my work clothes. But I didn't want to wait to find the right scarf, anyway you would still know there were roller up under there. So whatever, after 10 seconds I decided just go, so I did. Turns out my neighbors father in law was unresponsive and my neighbor was sitting outside with his daughter because he didn't want her to be scared while they were working on him. So I went over there looking crazy and asked if there was anything I can do, that he and his daughter were welcome to come over to my house, he declined. I told him I would pray for him and his family and I went back inside. I peeked out the window every so often. I was really grateful to see that when the EMT brought the father-in-law into the ambulance, he was alive and somewhat alert..I saw him lift his head. So I was grateful to God for that.

So that was my night... I was supposed to working on my taxes..no they are not done...I have until October or August, I can't remember, but anyway this week is my personal deadline.


I am going to give buddy his midnight snack and go to bed..for real this time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon,
I read your blog and it is just so cool. I think I like it. You are blessed and will continue to be. I am looking forward to going to the Dr.'s with you. Keep the faith and pray. We'll talk and know that you are in my prayers.

MJones