Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brazil.. A photo essay..Day 3

LOTs of pics from Day 3..where to begin.. walked to the office.. morning meetings went well. then off to authentic BRAZILLIAN BBQ!! Here is me and the team outside the restaurant..

The restaurant was calles Ciaxo grill (or something like that.. I will have it together tomorrow.) It was really nice inside..
Then the festivities began.. it all started here...

then I hit the salad bar.. Which I had NO business eating all the lettuce and veggies that had water dripping off of them.. I think I may have mentioned in a previous blog that it was probably the water/ice that did me in.. but i could not resist!

Here just double click on this image below.. you will see..

..and it was good too..OK then the meat started coming out.. I only have two pics, because I was really involved in eating.. one of some meat ...

(he was really posing..and was serious about his job) and the other of this delicious grilled pineapple that was covered in cinnamon..that was good eating..


enough said..


After work we drove around Campinas a little with our hosts and the project manager took us to the BEST ice cream place ever..



You can't see the sign here, so when we were in the mall, I took a picture of the same establishment with the sign being visible..

Anyway, they had a zillion different flavors and all manner of toppings..it was an ice cream buffet! So..I tried 4 different kinds of ice cream..it was self serv..

O-M-G..they were sooo good, I had 4 small scoops - 1 macadamia nut (with real nuts in it), passion fruit, guava-something or other, and lime (which had flecks of lime rinds in it).. I took this pic was right before I demolished it..

OK after ice cream... then we went on to a happy hour celebration at this place (they were celebrating a successfully completed project and we tagged along)..


they had some type of buffet (I only ate nuts and bread because the food didn't seem that great) - no pics of that, and they had some random live band, that i was advised wasn't very good. But my Brazillian hosts were so much fun - part of the time though they were talking in Portuguese and I was completely lost, then they started talking in English and they proved to be quite entertaining..

..good times!
Then we went back to the hotel..and well I didn't feel quite AS bad..my stomach seemed to have been tryint to adapt..I appreciated that, because the food was soooo good almost everywhere we went, I was eating regardless!
Now it is late and I am going to bed.. I will post day four pics hopefully tomorrow. It wasn't as eventful.. just went to the office, the mall, then back to the airport. But I have some pics, I will share.

No comments: