Saturday, August 30, 2008

Disconnected...

I hate it when I have the feeling..like I am disconnected from God...

When I got back from the trip, i have to say, I felt a little disconnected from my people here in NC. I have decided to work on that and I have made an effort to get past what I feel like doing. I invited some people I haven't seen in a while over for Labor Day. I know I will have a blast, so I am looking forward to it.

I know that when I feel a strong desire just to be by myself is the time when I most need to be purposeful about reaching out to people.

Back to feeling disconnected from God...The problem the usually holds me back from making progress on that front is a feeling of condemnation because I let this happen (again). But God is merciful and again its all about being purposeful to rectify the situation, so I will work on that. OK i feel better so I can definitely hit the hay now..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i look forward to reading more! and 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven' was a wonderful book, i enjoyed it very much. if you like it, you should also read 'For One More Day,' also by Mitch Albom.

The Land of Rozz said...

You find the best pictures! I can't wait to hang out with everyone on Labor Day.

Makeupslovely said...

DC - I finished "the five people you meet in heaven" it was a good book and helped me to look at people and situations in a slightly different light. I updated the books I am reading. I will have to check out 'for one more day' I will let you know what i think.. oh and thanks for reading my blog..lol..

Makeupslovely said...

Roz - Thanks! I am looking forward to it too. I hope you are having fun at the beach!