Sunday, May 11, 2008

This Weekend..

I hate to start this blog without pics, but I am at work waiting for this test to finish running so now is as good a time as any to discuss my weekend...

Friday.. Kanye West - Glow in the Dark Concert - "A"
I really enjoyed myself at this concert, it included Kanye was headlining, and there was Rhianna, Lupe Fiasco, and N.E.R.D. So to recap..
1) It was outside at the Time Warner Cable Pavillion in Raleigh.. great venu - I was on the lawn..ticket was $19 +fees, so I was happy about that..
2) only 2 not so terrible incidents, this girl was writting "I Love U" on my trunkwith her finger (it was pollen not dirt) while i was sitting in my NEW car in the parking lot. I had to handle that without losing my religion, because I really wanted to give her a peice of my mind..AND she was drunk.. :( . Had to walk all the back to my car from the entrance because they wanted me to check my lawn chair because it was too big and my camera..and even though i had to walk back to my car, I STILL didn't know how to find it after the concert was over. But no complaints..good exercise.
3)I missed Lupe Fiasco..he sang his one song on the radio - "Supersta" or something like that.. while i was getting a snack. N.E.R.D, which i found out the next day has Pharrell in it was strange..it seems me and my girls were the only ones who didn't know the songs..but it was entertaining..they had a song that had "I'm a little tea pot" as part of the lyrics.
4). Rhianna..whom I absolutely love was great..and I really enjoyed her
5). Kanye..whom I must admit I didnt' like for the longest, for some reason or another I really got into his last album Graduation which I really like and he did a lot of songs from the album so I was happy. The special effects were amazing, he had this whole them about being lost in space, it was like a mini move/music video.. however his acting..well..lets just say don't quit your day job Kanye..
6). The only downside to the whole thing was at some point during the concert I got this feeling of sadness, first there were all these kids there acting the fool, and there were so many people there who were really feeling the concert..mesmerized by Kanye and i starting thinking about wouldn't it be great if all of these kids felt that way about Jesus and were this excited about Him and His Word. It reminded me of when I go to Christian concerts/events with large groups of people and I am generally moved by the number of people worshipping God..it makes me think of heaven. Unfortunately I had alternate thoughts during the concert. It put a slight damper on things. Like I said the concert was really good, but I couldn't help but think and pray of the salvation of the people there.

So on to Saturday..
Walkign around Lake lynn ("A") Some of the ladies from my church go walking at Lake Lynn on Sat mornings.. and we are doing this support circle thing together..more on that later.. so when I saw them on Thursday, they invited me to come with them. It was great, they were great..however.. I was under the impression that we would only be walking around the lake 1x, but once I got there I found it was was 2x around..for a total of 4 miles. Not that I don't need the exercise, but I wasn't emotionally prepared for that. But I did it and I felt great about it. The mile 3&4 were actually easier than 1&2 which i found strange. I was also very grateful that they walked slower for me :). On the bright side it made up for the 2 miles i didn't do last week when i brough poor Buddy to the MS walk. I was supposed to do 3 miles, but I did 1 mile and almost half of that I had to carry my old 20lb dog because he was too tired and hot to make it. Anyway it was my fault for bringing the poor little guy out like that..
Tour of Durham "A+" - Had a great time with two of my girls..
1). we went first shopping at Southpoint mall in durham - I am debating providing pictures of my purchases.. anyway i got some good stuff - makeup, jewerly, nicknack, and some facial stuff,
2). then we went to downtown durham to see where one of my friends is moving into some lofts near the Durham Bulls staduim. I know they are going to be nice.
3). We went looking into some small boutique shops, Morgan Imports, otis and something or another,
4) Then onto eat at the symposium restaurant..the food was good. They had this really good carrot cake, which i unashamedly finished today!
5) Then back to southpoint to Old Navy and back to Norstroms - got some sandels, almost bought a dress for my birthday but I changed my mind on that one.
Then back home..
Today was pretty relaxing...
Church ("A+")
1) Pastor Connie preached about how to improve being a mom. I have been very apprehensive about this whole "Home Improvement" series at church. Mostly because I am not married and don't have kids. But I did pray this week and I am happy to report that I didn't have any emotional breakdown during the service. It was actually quite good. I have decided that in some way or another I will have kids one day and hopefully be married. That didn't come otu that way I meant it to, but I have wanted to be a foster mom one day regardless if I get married or not. So that is what I mean. So I am going to speak what I want into my life. I had a short talk with myself before the service that I was going to have a good attitude about this and I did - thank God. Anyway she also talkeda bout teh levels of influence that a mother has in the life of her children and I thought that it was awesome teaching. She talked about how the mother child experience is a constant state of separation and rebonding. That is kind of how I feel about my relationship with God now that I think about it.. any sin that I commit separates me from him, but he is always there to forgive and reconnect with me when I realize the error of my ways and repent. This is a long blog I am going to have to split into 3 different ones.

Ok test is complete..back to work..Or should I say time to go home...I will have to finish this up later..

No comments: